There are many users of Windows 10 who have complained on Reddit about the high consumption of CPU and memory leaks associated with ntoskrnl.exe. these users got tired of the error and consistently reported the excessive consumption of RAM and CPU by their system files and other affiliated things.
There were other severe cases too which have faced BSODs or Blue Screen Of Death motivated by the high memory wastes. This article is specifically designed for the users to enlighten them about the working of memory management on Windows and how the ntoskrnl.exe error works and what it actually is.
It is kind of a bug that is mostly present in Windows 10 users and because of ntoskrnl.exe the system gets unperceptive and does not process faster. This Main reason is that it consumes all the storage of free RAM and maximum space of CPU.
There is a varied phenomenon that causes this error and with an intensive understanding of the ntoskrnl.exe error, you will be able to fix it that does not demand much of your efforts. Like all the errors, this error also has the potential to die.
What is ntoskrnl.exe Error?
In a layman’s language, ntoskrnl.exe is one file that helps windows to work, and whenever this ntoskrnl.exe blue screen problem arises your computer will stop responding and you cannot have access to anything until to stand to fix the ntoskrnl.exe error windows 7 fix error.
This particular type of file is considered the kernel of the Windows Operating system. there is a possibility that you will not get the Blue Screen of Death immediately on your screen but if the problem persists you will end up encountering the same and if you wish, you can save your system from the hell for which you have to fix it soon.
Fixing the error is not a matter of a miracle, it does not matter whether you are a technically disabled person or not but if you will carefully go through this entire article that you can easily resolve the ntoskrnl.exe error windows 8.1 and get your system back from hell.
Also Read: com.android.gallery3d
Why ntoskrnl.exe Error Occurs?
As we have acquired a normal understanding of ntoskrnl.exe missing windows 10 error so now we have to look at the deeper understanding of ntoskrnl.exe error and know what does this error occurs on our systems.
Once we get to know about the causes it will make it easier for us to fix the ntoskrnl.exe error that restricts us from doing the important tasks on Windows. It can be really difficult for us to find out what is causing ntoskrnl.exe disk usage problem so for that we have highlighted the prone areas that promote this error.
- This is one possibility that if your memory space gets corrupted then the exe file will surely get affected.
- Another reason may be because the outdated device drivers cause the Blue Screen of death on the Windows Operating system.
- Clocking drivers can be another possible reason for the cause.
- Maybe also because there are certain issues with your CPU or Central Processing Unit.
Now that we have acknowledged the reasons for the ntoskrnl.exe error and the causes of BSOD that brings a lot of barriers to our Windows system. Now we will look at the possible solutions that will help you fix the issue instantly.
We have provided you the list of result-oriented solutions so if one method does not work for you then you can attempt the others without having to think twice.
Formula 1: By Disabling Windows Search Service
This is one of the basic and easy methods to resolve the ntoskrnl.exe error blue screen error and you can easily get rid of this error once you disable the Windows search service from your system. now we look at the process of disabling Windows Search Service.
Following are the instructions which you need to follow diligently.
- The first step in the process is to press the “Windows + X” keys from your keyboard.
- Once you press the keys, a menu will get appear on the screen and from there you need to select “Computer Management” option from the list.
- From the Computer Management screen, you are required to expand Services and Applications and below that, you have to select the Services option.
- Then a new searches window will appear and from there you need to click on “Windows Search” option.
- From the next window, you need to click on the “General” tab and after that tap on the “Stop” option.
- Lastly, you need to wait until the service gets stopped, and then you need to click on the “OK” button to save the change and then finally click the exit option.
Also Read: AMPDevicesAgent
Formula 2: Through Run Command
Follow the instructions carefully that will help you to fix the problem by using the Run Command Formula of ntoskrnl.exe missing.
- Firstly, you need to press “Windows + R” keys from your keyboard.
- Then a Run window will get appear where you need to type “cmd” in the provided field.
- After that, you need to right-click on the “Command Prompt” and then tap on the “Run as administrator” option.
- Then in the command prompt window, you need to type the following command – Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and then hit the “Enter” button.
- The last step is to Reboot your computer.
Formula 3: Through Windows Performance Toolkit
- Firstly, you need to install “Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT)” on your system.
- Press “Windows” key and type “cmd”.
- Then select “Command Prompt” option and then click “Run as administrator”.
- Write the following command – xperf-on latency -stackwalk profile -buffersize 1024 -MaxFile 256 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && xperf -d cpuusage.etl
- Wait for few seconds till the run give you a warning then you need to reply to C:\prompt.
- The file will get stored in a file name cpuusage.etl.
- Then you can easily examine what is causing the issue and then you can fix it.
Also Read: ChromeContinue
We hope that you have learned to fix the ntoskrnl.exe error and BSOD from your Windows drive. We would love to hear your experience which you can mention in the comments section below about the ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage.