You need to know that the selected boot image did not authenticate error mainly connected with the updates, upgraded and also with the driver updated and mainly it is one of the most common issues in the devices of HP. You also need to note down that this error is different from the bootmgr missing error which takes place in the display at the time of loading the operating system from the directory which is not installed in it.
If you are here to get to know the possible fixes of this Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate windows 10 error then you are required to keep reading this article till the end by which you will get to know all the possible fixes of this error. So, you have to read this article very carefully to understand all the possible details.
Causes of Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate Error
Mainly this error will show a security protocol that will breach the device to load the operating system to provide the details related to the different boot. Also, the secure boot is one of the technologies which use the system firmware in the process to confirm the system boot loader which gets signed with the cryptographic key which was authorized by the database having in the firmware.
Also, in the process to secure the computer from the change of system which may harm the system and also the sequencing of the boot which gets saved in the database. Also, one of the violations may create the unsecured booth which will mainly create this selected boot image did not authenticate usb drive error message on the system.
If you will get this error message which will show that the credentials of the boot folder get missing and that’s why it will load your OS in a difficult manner. Also, it doesn’t matter if the selected boot image did not authenticate press enter to continue the error. Below, we are sharing some of the details and steps which will help you to get rid of this error.
Also Read: Win32:Bogent
How Can I Fix Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate Error?
If you are getting selected boot image did not authenticate error then below we are sharing some of the methods which will be helpful for you to get rid of this error. We share some of the proven methods which will definitely be helpful for you to fix this error in a quick manner.
Method 1: Switch to Legacy Boot in Your BIOS Settings
You need to know that switching to the legacy boot will help you to bypass the operating system and also the hardware and will proceed with the booting. Also, if you know that you can’t boot your computer because of the malware attack then with the help of this method, you can be able to get rid of the Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate issue in a very simple and easy manner.
- First of all, you have to restart your PC and then you need to enter into the BIOS.
- Now, you have to select the system configuration with the help of the right arrow button.
- Now, you need to select the boot option and then click on the enter button.
- By using the down arrow button, you need to select the Legacy Support option and then click on the enter button. If that option is disabled then you need to enable it and then click on the enter button.
- After this, you have to select the secure boot option and click on the enter button and then you have to disable the Secure boot option.
- Simply click on the F10 button and then simply accept the change. Also, you need to use the left arrow button to select the Yes option and then click on the enter button to save the changes and then left the menu.
- After doing all this, you will see that your computer will get restarted automatically with the legacy support enabled in it and also the secure boot disabled in it.
Method 2: Hard Reset Your PC
As you know, the hard reset of the Pc will reset the configuration of the BIOS and also be helpful to fix the selected boot image did not authenticate manjaro. With the help of this, you will see that all the incompatible configurations will get erased or deleted.
You can simply use the below-given steps to reset your computer completely.
- First of all, you have to shut down your PC.
- Now, simply unplug the AC adaptor cord.
- Now, you have to take out the battery of your system.
- Simply hold the power button for approx 30 seconds in process to reset the hardware.
- Now, you need to try to switch on your system and then make a click on the F2 button.
- This command will load the hardware diagnostics.
- Simply run the startup test in process to check out the components of hardware.
- Finally, restart your PC and then boot your system in a normal manner. If it doesn’t get booted successfully then you need to attempt a system repair.
Also Read: Content Server Steam Unreachable
Method 3: Use System Recovery to Repair Your Computer
You need to know that by using the system repair of your system, you can be able to get rid of the Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate kali linux issue in a very simple manner. Below, we are sharing some of the very simple and easy steps which you can follow to complete this whole process to fix the selected boot image did not authenticate usb issue.
- First of all, you have to turn off your system and then simply wait for a few seconds before turning it on again by making a click on the power button.
- When it comes then you have to click on the ESC button in a repeated manner until you will see the Startup menu on the display.
- Now, you have to make a click on the F11 button by which you will see the recovery console.
- Then, you need to click on the troubleshoot button and then you have to click on the Advanced options and then make a click on the startup repair option.
- Finally, follow the rest of the steps which will appear on the display to repair the PC.
Also Read: AdmitMe.Tv
So, that’s it for this article. We hope that this article will be helpful for you to get to know the process of how to fix Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate. If this article is helpful for you then do share this article with other people by which they can also take benefit of this article. Also, if you have any queries related to this Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate hp process or if you have any questions about this error then feel free to connect with us by just dropping your valuable comment in the below-given comment section.